These delicious plant-based tofu tacos covered with our Tex Mex Lovers cheese will make you melt they're so good!
Here's the recipe for 4 tacos. What you'll need:
- Taco shells & taco seasoning (you can usually buy them together)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Lettuce, chopped to the size you want.
- 125g of tofu (or if you're feeling lazy, you could buy "soy shreds" (for example from the Vegetarian Butcher)
- 1/4 cucumber, chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 mango chopped in small cubes (you can use frozen bits if it's easier, just defrost them in time)
- 1/8 red onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 lime (to taste)
- Coriander (optional)
- Chizou Tex Mex Lovers
- Prepare the mango cucumber salsa first: in a bowl, mix the chopped mango, cucumber, onion and coriander. Add some lime juice to taste.
- If you're preparing the tofu yourself (and not buying shreds), drain it for 15-30 minutes before shredding it (like you would shred grated cheese).
- Add some oil to a pan, when hot put your shredded tofu and cook for a couple of minutes before adding taco seasoning with a splash of water (add a bit more if it's looking to dry). Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Melt Chizou by putting it in a pan in medium heat. Add a splash of water if necessary. Mix frequently to help the melting & avoid it sticking to the pan.
- Put your tacos together in the order you want by adding some tofu shreds, mango & cucumber salsa, tomatoes and of course topped up with some tasty Chizou!