Hasselback Sweet Potatoes look very fancy, but truly they are an easy side dish that will leave people wanting more. Combine them with some yummy veggies in the oven or a fresh green salad and enjoy!
For 3 sweet potatoes:
- 175g Chizou of choice! (We used Tex Mex in this case but it'll work with any, or even a mix).
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup (plant-based) butter, melted
- Some spices: 1 tbsp sage, 1tbsp fresh chives, 1 tbsp thyme (and/or other spices you like)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Slice the sweet potatoes "hasselback" style (look at the photo if you're not familiar with the term)
- Mix the melted butter with salt and pepper and drizzle over the sliced sweet potatoes before wrapping them up foil (individually) and popping them in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- When you've taken them out of the foil, pour Chizou on them & close the foil again before putting them back in the oven on grill mode for about 5 minutes until Chizou is hot and melted 🔥
- Serve with fresh herbs and some grilled veggies or a fresh green salad!