Having friends over for aperitif or in search of a quick festive snack to offer at your next co-working event? Look no further, our Chizou plant-based pinwheels are the perfect little appetizers that are easy to make and will be ready in no time!
Ingredients (for 20 pinwheels):
- 1 sheet of plant-based puff pastry (most puff pastries are plant-based 🥳)
- 150 g Chizou Tex Mex or Chizou Pasta Lovers
- 2 tbsp mustard (choose the type you like)
- 150 g of plant-based ham slices or chorizo or any kind of plant-based 'charcuterie' really
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- A little bit of unsweetened plant-based milk
Directions (preparation time 30 min):
- Take your puff pastry out of the fridge 20 minutes before you start making the pinwheels and it them sit at room temperature.
- Roll open the puff pastry and spread the mustard evenly over it.
- Top with the packet of plant-based ham slices or other charcuterie. Make sure the entire pastry is covered.
- Sprinkle the Chizou Tex Mex or Pasta Lovers, pepper and salt and herbs on top.
- Roll up the pastry into a cilinder shape and put it in the fridge to let it firm up. This will make your life easier when you'll want to slice it. 😅
- While you're pastry roll is in the fridge, preheat the oven to 200°C and line one or two baking trays (depends how big they are) with baking paper.
- Take the pastry roll out of the fridge and cut into 2 or 3 cm slices, which should result in approximately 20 pinwheels.
- Place them onto the baking tray(s), leaving enough room for them to grow. Brush with the plant-based milk to glaze.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden. 🙌
- Serve immediately with a plant based dressing or dip of your choice
- Enjoy !