Gather your family around the table for this easy healthy recipe for vegetarian baked spaghetti. Pour the mushroom and paprika sauce over your favourite pasta and top with Chizou. Slide it in the oven and let the Chizou melt, brown and bubble. So easy, so delicious !
For 6 servings:
- 450g mushrooms, cut into small pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (700g) pasta sauce
- 1 paprika (you can choose the color), chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons basil (fresh or dry)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (fresh or dry)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (if you like it spicy)
- 450g spaghetti or pasta of your choice (you can also make it gluten-free)
- 1 cup Chizou Pasta Lovers
- 1 ½ cup Chizou Pizza Lovers
- Cook your spaghetti or pasta until al dente, drain and set aside
- In a large skillet stir-fry the onion, garlic, green pepper, mushrooms in some olive oil. Add salt and pepper, basil and oregano.
- On medium heat, stir frequently for 10 to15 minutes. Make sure the mushrooms cook down and evaporate most of their liquid.
- Add the pasta sauce to these veggies and stir well.
- Lay down all of the cooked spaghetti on the bottom of a 9 x 13 cm baking dish.
- Top the spaghetti with ½ cup of Chizou Pizza Lovers and 1 cup of Chizou Pasta Lovers.
- Pour your sauce over the top and mix everything until well combined (add the red pepper flakes now if you like it spicy 🌶).
- To finish up: top with the remaining 1 cup of Chizou Pizza Lovers for a nice gratin crust.
- Bake at 180°C for 12-15 minutes, or until the Chizou is bubbly and starting to brown.